[Fedora-xen] Re: xen changeset is not available

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jul 5 14:01:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 10:13 +0800, Zhao, Yunfeng wrote:
> Xen changeset is not available on FC6 Test1.
> And this info is very useful for fedora-xen user.
>
> Is it possible to build changeset number in xen binary of FC6?

There isn't just one changeset, though.  The HV is one changeset of
-unstable, the kernel patch comes from the hg tree that tracks Linus's
tree (and thus doesn't have a directly applicable changeset) and the
tools are a third.  Although hopefully for releases, the tools are
actually a _released_ version of the tools rather than random changeset
of the day.

So the single "one size fits all" changeset mentality of Xen doesn't
really work.  We do try to note the changeset in the spec
files/changelogs when doing updates.

Jeremy