[Fedora-xen] FC6 - TEST1 - Problem running Xen-domU guest

Algie Seat alseat at comcast.net
Wed Jul 5 15:45:47 UTC 2006

I am running the xenguest-install.py script to do the install of the FC6 guest.  The kernel being booted for the install is 2.6.16-1.2289_FC6xen which is the same kernel running in Domain-0. The kernel boots fine and I answer the usual questions about keyboard and language.  I then put in a static IP address on the same subnet as my NFS install server.  Once I do this and hit enter, I get a message in about 5 seconds saying "that directory cannot be mounted from the server".  I don't understand this because the NFS server name and Fedora Core Directory are accurate.
They are filled in because I answered the question form the xenguest-install-py script about the location for the install being
nfs:192.168.0.249:/install/fedora/xen/algie.  I know the NFS install image on my NFS server is correct because I installed the base Domain-0 image from it. The guest being installed is para-virtualized and I can see that the bridge device for the domain being installed has been created (brctl show).
I am using the exact same procedure to install a FC5 guest (different install image of course) and it works fine.  I am totally up to date on all packages also.