[Fedora-xen] RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [Fedora-ia64-list] Re: Four ways RH could helpwith xen-ia64

Juan Quintela quintela at redhat.com
Wed Jul 26 10:35:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 17:30 +0800, Xu, Anthony wrote:
> Hi Akio,
>
> Is this merge based on linux-2.6.18-rc2?
> When I diff linux-2.6-xen-fedora with linux-2.6.18-rc2,
> There are some modifications which are not marked by #ifdef CONFIG_XEN

Hi

	There are several changes not marked as CONFIG_XEN:

* tsc timer -> fixed since them with other solution
* TPM -> don't ask me, tpm code is evil.  And to make things more
interesting xen code & linux upstream code has diverged so much that it
is not funny.
* things marked CONFIG_X86_NO_TSS & CONFIG_X86_NO_IDT (already on
unstable tree)
* anything that touchs a Task segment is disabled by default (already on
unstable tree)
* HAVE_SHARED_KERNEL_PMD changes, already on unstable tree
* some patches to oprofile to make xenoprof work.
* __FIXADDR_TOP already on xen unstable, and more things with vDSO
integration.

I haven't really examined neither i64 or powerpec bits.

If you have any concern about any particular piece of code, please, let
me know.

Later, Juan.