[Fedora-xen] slow disk performance in Xen0 FC5

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Thu Jun 1 08:23:49 UTC 2006

It helped me a lot (but did not really fix the problem) when I set my
disk queueing mode to deadline, from whatever it had been before. For
instance, on my domU:
echo deadline > /sys/block/xvda/queue/scheduler

The command is similar on the dom0, just use the appropriate block
device.

BUT, what *really* helped me out was to turn on write caching on my
SATA raid card. It helped such an absurd amount that I have to
suspect some corner case performance problem was being hit before,
but I don't know what it would have been.