[Fedora-xen] Re: xend hangs at start

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Sat Mar 25 11:03:35 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 10:49:56AM +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 11:03:35PM -0600, Eric Smith wrote:
> > ps  Installed FC5 test 3 and then ran yum update to move to FC5 when
> > released.  Updated again just today:
>
> But you are still running a development kernel. I'd suggest to
> install FC5 from scratch to make sure you don't use any old rawhide
> bist anywhere, and retry with the latest kernel in updates-testing.

  right the low level interfaces have changed and the new Xen Store
daemon won't start on an old kernel, leading to this pending Xend Daemon
in startup phase trying to connect a non-existent Xen Store. As suggested
the simplest it to fully install to make sure you don't have older bits
laying around.

Daniel