[Fedora-xen] Are 64bit Intel Core 2 Quad fedora 8 supported?

Evan Lavelle sa212+fcxen at cyconix.com
Wed Jan 2 17:52:31 UTC 2008

George Refseth wrote:
> The 64 bit xen host kernel are unstable (timer/scheduling issue?)
>
> So I wonder if this is supported or not. Another Fedora 8 x86_64
> installation on
> an Intel Core 2 Duo seems to run flawlessly, except it is running on a
> laptop,
> and not meant for server use.

FWIW: I'm running F8 64-bit 2.6.21-2952, for both Dom0 and one DomU, on
6600/Core 2 Duo, without problems. The DomU is HVM; it was originally PV
but I gave up on that for complex reasons. Various other (non-Fedora)
HVM domU's also work without problems.

Maybe it's just an issue with quad core. Can you turn off two cores in
the BIOS?

Evan