[Fedora-xen] xen is not able to detect windows cd

Mark Nielsen mnielsen at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 15:15:24 UTC 2008

srinivas d wrote:
> Sir,
>
> Subject :{1. Not able to load windows on xen enabled
> kernel of RHEL 5
>
>          2.Able to load windows on xen enabled
> kernel ON fedora 8 only on paralvirtulization mode.
>
>          3. Able to load RHEL 5 (DOM 1) on xen enabled
> kernel ON  RHEL 5 (DOM 0) on Fullvirtualation mode.}
>

> I am trying to load window 2000 SERVER Enterprise,
> choosing Full Virtualized and after detecting hardware
> at Windows Setup it is getting stuck.

are you hitting F5 before it tells you to hit F6 to load additional
drivers? It's not an option that shows up, but hit it anyways. It will
bring up a menu to choose hardware types. One is "unknown", the other
should be something closely resembling your hardware. Typically
"Unknown" is selected by default and you have to up-arrow to the proper
hardware and continue on.