[Fedora-xen] No Dom0 support in Fedora 9 and Fedora 8 EOL

Martin Vuille martin at jpmvrealtime.com
Thu Jun 19 00:23:10 UTC 2008

I'm putting together a virtualized server. I was planning to use
Fedora 9, until I found out that Fedora 9 won't run as a Dom0, so
I ended up using Fedora 8 instead.

I also learned that the standard EOL policy is to discontinue
support for release N one month after the release of release N+2.

Since Dom0 support isn't expected until Fedora 10, it sounds like
this means that I will have to upgrade my system in the first
month immediately following the release of Fedora 10, or lose
support. Neither option seems particularly reasonable to me.

Since upgrading from Fedora 8 to Fedora 9 isn't an option for
anyone using Xen, I am wondering if there is any plan to extend
Fedora 8's support period beyond the usual one month?

MV