[Fedora-xen] Assign IP and CONFIG_IP_PNP problem

Alma Matex almamatex at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 10:19:00 UTC 2008

Hi,
I'm new to Xen and I'm having problem with Xen networking.
I read that one could set the IP address of a new virtual machine in the
configuration file with the vif statement.
For example:
vif = [ 'mac=00:00:00:00:00:01, bridge=virbr0' ]
ip = "10.10.10.1"

My problem is that when the virtual machine start it doesn't get the IP.
Insted it uses dhcp to get one.
I found that the xen kernel must be compiled with the CONFIG_IP_PNP option
set, but my kernel doesn't seem to have it.
Infact:
grep CONFIG_IP_PNP /boot/config-2.6.21.7-3.fc8xen
gives me:
# CONFIG_IP_PNP is not set

Is this one the only problem?
Is there a way to get a fedora precompiled kernel with this option set?
Thanks
Regards
Matteo