[Fedora-xen] Xenner: How to manage domains with virsh?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sun Jun 22 19:45:15 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 05:30:42PM -0400, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 02:46:57PM +0200, Felix Schwarz wrote:
> > I got xenner to run on Fedora 9. And so far it seems that it is able to
> > run at least some of my paravirtualized guests which I created on
> > Xen/Fedora 8.
> >
> > Now the problem is how I can manage these domains using virsh? I can
> > start a Xenner domain using "xenner (and bunch of options)". Everything
> > seems to be fine.
> >
> > But "virsh list" does not show any active domains. So how can add the
> > configuration to virsh so that I can do something like "virsh start
> > mydomain"?
> > Is this possible at all in the current Xenner (using Fedora 9 with all
> > released updates but nothing from updates-testing)?
>
> I'm not exactly sure if support for Xenner has actually gone
> into libvirt yet.  I know Dan is working on a patch.

You'll need libvirt 0.4.3 to get Xenner working. You'll also need newer
virt-install (from unreleased upstream source repos) and newer virt-manager

Realistically we're looking at Fedora 10 for general availability of
Xenner support with good feature coverage & reliability.  Once it is
finished, it'll be as simple as just using --paravirt instead of --hvm
when running virt-install and it'll automatically use Xenner.

Regards,
Daniel