[Fedora-xen] Xen guests on the local network

Dustin Black dblack at vantage.com
Tue Jun 24 16:12:12 UTC 2008

I find that Fedora 8 is using a DHCP service via libvirtd/qemu to assign
addresses to any guests that I create.  I also see that libvirtd enables
ip forwarding and creates iptables entries to allow the Xen server to
act as a router for the guests.

I need to change this setup such that the guests appear on the same
network as the Xen server, and are able to receive DHCP assignments from
another server on the network.

It may be that I just haven't chosen the right terms to search for, but
I can't seem to find any documentation or reference to disabling or
bypassing the qemu dhcp assignment and libvirt routing.  Any help would
be much appreciated.

-Dustin Black