[Fedora-xen] ia64 HVM network problem !!!

Zoran Popović shoom013 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:44:19 UTC 2009

I am having trouble with Realtek 8139 NIC on ia64 HVM guest with Windows
2003 SP1 - I can not install a valid ia64 driver (none available), and vif=[
... model=ne2k_pci|pcnet|whatever ... ] does not seem tho change anything
... I feel desperate now. This had to work in order to make proof of concept
in my company (Hemofarm, STADA) for RHEL 5.3 as an Itanium virtualization
platform. Now I feel exhausted, hours of work are gone leaving me with only
one step left unfinished - network access for Windows guest ... please,
please, help ! This would lead at least to a more serious support agreement
with Red Hat ...

ZP.

PS.
My temporary RHN subscription is 1170505.
We have a regional support center, this might also lead me to a solution ?