[Fedora-xen] kernel BUG w/ Dom0

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 18:39:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010, Jerry Amundson wrote:

> Ok, thanks, I figured it was just me being me. I'll look for rc7 later then.
> Is this documented anywhere for Fedora 12/13 dom0 setup? If not, I can
> add this requirement to the xen and fedora wiki's, as it didn't jump
> out at me.

I don't know if it is documented, basically you install xen xen-libs
xen-hypervisor and xen-runtime and the xen enabled kernel then edit your
/boot/grub/grub.conf file appropriately. Mine looks like
title xen
 	root (hd0,5)
 	kernel /xen-4.0.0-rc7.gz
 	module /vmlinuz-2.6.32.10-1.2.92.xendom0.fc12.x86_64 ro root=UUID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 3
 	module /initramfs-2.6.32.10-1.2.92.xendom0.fc12.x86_64.img
though of course you will need to adapt this to your own situation.

> I assume 3.4.3 would only be from the xen-3.4-testing hg bits? Any
> pros/cons between 3.4 and 4.0? You provide the 4.0 so I suppose that
> is targeted to be released with the dom0 kernel, so I would be wise to
> go with that, right? :-)
I haven't actually tried 3.4.3 rc as the xen 4 rc supported these newer
kernels first. I have however had problems with grub and pygrub booting
for the guest in 4.0.

 	Michael Young