[Fedora-xen] kernel- X broken on MacBook

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Thu Mar 25 01:05:24 UTC 2010

I just tried kernel- from Mike
Young's repository on my MacBook and found that the video driver does
not seem to work. Lspci reports:

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 9400M (rev b1)

The system boots fine until X is supposed to start. Once this happens,
the console freezes. Otherwise, the system continues to operate and
respond to network traffic.

The last thing I seen in Xorg.0.log is "(II) NOUVEAU(0): Opened GPU
channel 2." In a *working* configuration, the next message logged is
"(II) NOUVEAU(0): [DRI2] Setup complete."

There seems to be some related work here:

I have seen that other people are having some video problems and wanted
to add my own (on the mailing list until we are in Rawhide / Bugzilla).