[Fedora-xen] Xen version for Fedora 13

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Mar 25 17:20:49 UTC 2010

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Should we update Xen version to 4.0.0 (-rc7) for F13? All the new pvops dom0 kernel
> trees require the new IOAPIC stuff from either Xen 3.4.3 or 4.0.0 anyway.
>
> xen-4.0.0-rc7 src.rpm from M A Young seems to work OK for me:
> http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/src/xen-4.0.0-0.5.rc7.fc12.src.rpm

If you don't update you are stuck with the problems in the old version.
If you update now you have a path to a working version.

> Xen 4.0.0 is expected to get final soon, so we could then update the final release
> for F13.
>
> What do you guys think?

Doesn't look like a hard choice here, the alternatives are patch 3.4.3
to make it work right, or not get it in the release. I doubt it will get
added if it isn't there to start, and patching obsolete code is pretty
much a no-go, as well. Fedora is cutting edge, time to move.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  "We can't solve today's problems by using the same thinking we