[Fedora-xen] [fedora-virt] Dom0 xen support in Fedora 15?

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Nov 9 17:46:35 UTC 2010

On 10-11-09 11:49 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> AFAIK there are some issues with that benchmark not being free.
>
> What I'm basically looking for is a simple comparison of a few key metrics
> between common setups. For example a simple bonnie++ run on XenPV and
> KVM+virtio_blk could already give people at least some baseline numbers.
>
> Regards,
>    Dennis

I'd be happy to run some benchmarks. I've got some identical (if humble)
machines... Would you want just a Xen vs. KVM? If so, what parameters or
setup options would provide the best apples to apples comparison?

The machines are;
- quad core athlon II x4
- 4gb ddr3
- 1x 7200rom 500GB drive
- Fedora 14, stripped (but identical) installs

If these are too low end for useful results, let me know. Otherwise,
I'll fire up Xen under Michael's 2.6.32-25-172 kernel with the stock
4.0.1 hypervisor on one machine, and can use the stock KVM/QEMU setup
for another.

Assuming all is fine, would it matter whether the VMs were F14 vs CentOS
5.5?

I was thinking 3x runs each of;

- bonnie++
- Recompile Michael's kernel