[Fedora-xen] Xen/Linux 3.4.2 performance

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Mon Jul 2 21:50:42 UTC 2012

We have seen a significant reduction in performance in our research DomU
OS kernel when running on Fedora 16 with Linux 3.4.2 vs. 3.3.7. We run
a series of benchmarks which are DomU-kernel-space-CPU-heavy; many of
these run 10x slower when using the 3.4.2 Linux kernel as Dom0.

This is a little surprising---we've been tracking the Fedora kernels for
a long time with no problem like this. Did anyone else notice any changes?

--
Mike

:wq