F13 Xfce Spin RC Planning

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 20 15:51:45 UTC 2010

Hello all,
    It's getting to be that time again when we need to buckle down and
knock out some QA bits with the Xfce Spin. We're now in Beta and the
overall experience with the Xfce Spin has been good on my end even
though I haven't had a chance to really test as much as I would like
to so I'm going to plan a Xfce Spin test day. The following is the
wiki page I've got drawn up for the day, please feel free to comment
on it and we can edit accordingly.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/XFCE_Test_Day:Tentative

Another bit I wanted to talk about is the fact that our nightly builds
are larger than the size of a cdrom and thus makes them difficult as a
target for live cds. I'd like to ask for opinions on what we would
like to have cut/removed/whatever. Current size can be seen here:
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/xfce/

And a list of current packages here:
https://fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts/browser/fedora-livecd-xfce.ks

Opinions welcome!