F13 Xfce Spin RC Planning

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Apr 23 05:36:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:51:45 -0500
Adam Miller <maxamillion at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>     It's getting to be that time again when we need to buckle down and
> knock out some QA bits with the Xfce Spin. We're now in Beta and the
> overall experience with the Xfce Spin has been good on my end even
> though I haven't had a chance to really test as much as I would like
> to so I'm going to plan a Xfce Spin test day. The following is the
> wiki page I've got drawn up for the day, please feel free to comment
> on it and we can edit accordingly.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/XFCE_Test_Day:Tentative
>
> Another bit I wanted to talk about is the fact that our nightly builds
> are larger than the size of a cdrom and thus makes them difficult as a
> target for live cds. I'd like to ask for opinions on what we would
> like to have cut/removed/whatever. Current size can be seen here:
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/xfce/
>
> And a list of current packages here:
> https://fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts/browser/fedora-livecd-xfce.ks

Sorry for the delay here in replying. ;(

How about nuking specspo? The desktop spin already does.

The evince update doesn't seem to have appeared.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/evince-2.30.0-4.fc13 says
it was pushed to stable, but I don't see that version at all.
That will save us nautilus when that appears. Will try and find out
what happened to it.

With those two we might be ok.

kevin