Testing Xfce 4.8 pre 2 packages available

Johannes Lips johannes.lips at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 8 17:57:30 UTC 2010

On 12/06/2010 01:42 PM, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 00:01 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have packaged Xfce 4-8 pre 2 for Fedora 14 and Rawhide. You can find
>> the packages at
>>
>> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/cwickert/xfce-4.8/
>

>> The repo is far from complete. ATM it is still rsyncing and Fedora 13 is
>> still building. Also a couple of applications that need a rebuild (e.g.
>> xfce4-mixer) are missing and so are most of the goodies. I will continue
>> to work on this.
>>
>> For more information on Xfce 4.8 in Fedora, please take a look at the
>> feature page at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Xfce48
>>
>> Feedback welcome!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Christoph
>
> Thanks!
>
> Should I report missing deps?
>
> - Gilboa

Hey,

I tried starting to work on the missing things, which are mostly
panel-plugins. The problem is that most/many of them aren't ported to
the new xfce framework.
I would suggest let upstream first fix these issues and package it
afterwards.
I don't think that we should do the same work twice, or? Of course we
could support upstream if we could provide patches but I don't have the
experience to do this...

There is already a thread on the xfce-mailing-list:
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce4-dev/2010-December/028441.html

Greetings,

Johannes