Plans for Xfce 4.8

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 12 15:19:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Xfce 4.8 is supposed to be released on 2010-04-12.
>
> Currently the Xfce SIG is planing to ship it in F13, although this is
> ambitious. The Xfce milestones are very close to the F13 schedule and
> might be delayed. We only have 8 days to from the release of pre1 till
> Feature freeze. If there is nothing to test at feature freeze, the
> feature may be dropped from F13.
>
> The current plan is:
>      * F13 Alpha will come with Xfce 4.8pre1 (15 days from release to
>        Alpha freeze)
>      * F13 Beta will come with Xfce 4.8pre2 (22 days from release to
>        Beta freeze)
>      * F13 RC will come with Xfce 4.8final (17 days from release to RC
>        compose)
>
> Status;
>      * Reviews for the 3 new packages garcon, tumbler and libxfceui are
>        in progress
>      * Xfce components that already have a 4.7/4.8 release (not yet in
>        rawhide)
>              * exo 0.5.1
>              * libxfce4util 4.7.1
>              * thunar-1.1
>              * xfconf 4.7.0
>              * xfce4-settings 4.7.0
>
> More info about Xfce 4.8 is on the feature page in the wiki:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Xfce48
>
> Regards,
> Christoph

This awesome, I'm very excited. Please feel free to ping me as a
resource to take care of tasks needed. I'll be following the
development cycle the best I can in order to try and put together some
testing plans.

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com