No Xfce 4.8 for Fedora 13 :(

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 26 01:29:10 UTC 2010

I am sorry to announce that there will be no Xfce 4.8 in Fedora 13.

Xfce upstream decided to delay the release of the new version by two
months. This means that Xfce 4.8 final will be released on June 12th.
Our schedule was already tight, but given this delay, it is impossible
for us to include 4.8 in Fedora 13.

Unlike the KDE SIG we don't want to ship a pre-release. Even if we
wanted we could only ship the very first release pre1, which would be a
major drawback for most users. Additionally our guidelines demand that a
feature must be in a "testable state" for feature freeze (February 9th),
but by that time Xfce won't have anything released yet.

For more info and the reason of the slip, please read Jannis'
announcement on the Xfce developers mailing list:
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce4-dev/2010-January/027979.html

Sorry for the delay. We'll se if we can include some new parts of Xfce
4.8 such as Thunar 1.1 with gvfs support. We'll keep you informed about
any changes.

Regards,
Christoph