having multiple workspace switchers on the panel

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 04:46:53 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I have a dual monitor setup with xfce on F13. I would like to have a
workspace switcher on either of my screens. I have a  panel at the
bottom of my primary screen with a workspace switcher applet, and I have
another panel on my second screen. I have both the applets set to the 2
row view.

Every time I log out or restart the panel rather, the workspace switcher
on my second screen defaults back to the default one row setup, even
though I have both of them setup as two rows. Right clicking the faulty
applet and bringing up the properties dialogue shows me, its correctly
set to 2. However changing the number has no effect on it.

Only thing that works is to remove the applet and add it again. When I
add it, it shows up as 2 rows, but the properties dialogue still shows 1
row. I change it to before closing. On logging out, its again back to
the default one row.

I tried to look for "pager" under $HOME/.config/xfce4/panel, and
$HOME/.config/xfce4* but I couldn't find anything that set the no of rows.

Any clues anyone?

--
Suvayu