having multiple workspace switchers on the panel

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 11 09:32:47 UTC 2010

Am Samstag, den 10.07.2010, 21:46 -0700 schrieb Suvayu Ali:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a dual monitor setup with xfce on F13. I would like to have a
> workspace switcher on either of my screens. I have a  panel at the
> bottom of my primary screen with a workspace switcher applet, and I have
> another panel on my second screen. I have both the applets set to the 2
> row view.
>
> Every time I log out or restart the panel rather, the workspace switcher
> on my second screen defaults back to the default one row setup, even
> though I have both of them setup as two rows. Right clicking the faulty
> applet and bringing up the properties dialogue shows me, its correctly
> set to 2. However changing the number has no effect on it.
>
> Only thing that works is to remove the applet and add it again. When I
> add it, it shows up as 2 rows, but the properties dialogue still shows 1
> row. I change it to before closing. On logging out, its again back to
> the default one row.
>
> I tried to look for "pager" under $HOME/.config/xfce4/panel, and
> $HOME/.config/xfce4* but I couldn't find anything that set the no of rows.
>
> Any clues anyone?

To me this sounds like a bug. Can you please file a bug report, ether at
bugzilla.redhat.com of bugzilla.xfce.org?

When you do, please attach the following files:
      * The configuration of both pagers, they should be at
        ~/.config/xfce4/panel/pager-<random-number>.rc
      * Information of your screen setup from
        ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml
      * the configuration of Xfwm including the number of desktops from
        ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfwm4.xml

Regards,
Christoph