Spin kickstart commit

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Mar 23 21:09:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:43:20 +0100
Johannes Lips <johannes.lips at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Are we/you going to let the Spin fit on a recordable disk? Is this a
> valuable goal in times of cheap usb devices with enough space to
> install bigger isos?
> Was there already a discussion about this? Because imho the main
> fedora Release will be bigger than 700MB, or?

Yes, the desktop spin is targeting a 1GB usb now.

I think Xfce should continue to target a 700mb CD for a number of
reasons:

1. We should surely be able to fit. Xfce should be small.

2. We can pick up some users that don't have 1GB USB. ;)

3. Smaller means less download time, as well as more space on your usb
for persistent storage if you are using a USB.

> Regards,
> Johannes

kevin