More space saving ideas

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 23 23:48:32 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 24.03.2010, 00:00 +0100 schrieb Dominic Hopf:
> Am Dienstag, den 23.03.2010, 16:23 -0600 schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
> > It seems we need to free up more space to get to the 700mb target, even
> > if libgcj gone. ;(

Huh?
You said that removing libgcj will save us 62 MB. We were at 746 MB, so
we should already be at 684 MB. Or do I miss something obvious?

> > Some other ideas:
> >
> > -evince +xpdf
> >
> > 	This also lets us remove nautilus, so -20MB +3=-17MB
> What about epdfview instead?

+1 for epdfview.

> > -inkscape
>
> ACK.

+1, we can remove it.

Thanks for this suggestions, Kevin. Nevertheless I'd like check the list
that Stephen has posted on f-d-l [1] to see which packages were added
due to Requires and which ones due to comps. If they are just default in
comps, we can remove some of them.

Regards,
Christoph

[1]