Xfce4-volumed

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed May 26 08:34:15 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 26.05.2010, 10:19 +0200 schrieb Dominic Hopf:

> I often use special keys on my keyboard to set the volume and am missing
> notifications which show how loud the volume is.

You have ears, don't you? ;) For me it is not important if the volume is
at 55% or 60%, I need to actually hear it.

> If it doesn't take too much space on the CD image, I'd prefer to add
> it. :)

I guess it should fit in the image, but I had some more reasons not to
add it:
It's not an 'official' Xfce component (where official means: Developed
and hosted at xfce.org).
It tends to crash and upstream cannot fix this without a major rewrite.

Let's see how things are with F14. We can add xfce4-volumed if you
people want it.

Regards,
Christoph