F14 RC3: Bluetooth difficulty on Samsung netbook

Ron Leach ronleach at tesco.net
Sun Oct 3 09:47:57 UTC 2010

Ron Leach wrote:

> I'd be very happy to post details of logging files etc, but I need a
> little guidance which files to look at.

Just to add, I found some references to Bluetooth in dmesg:

usb 4-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0a5c, idProduct=219b
usb 4-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 4-2: Product: Broadcom Bluetooth 2.1 Device
usb 4-2: Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
usb 4-2: SerialNumber: F07BCXXXxxxx

<snip other stuff>

Bluetooth: Core ver 2.15
NET: Registered protocol family 31
Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: Generic Bluetooth USB driver ver 0.6
microcode: CPU0 sig=0x106ca, pf=0x4, revision=0x105
microcode: CPU1 sig=0x106ca, pf=0x4, revision=0x105
microcode: Microcode Update Driver: v2.00
<tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk>, Peter Oruba
usbcore: registered new interface driver btusb

regards, Ron