xfce spin size

Ron Leach ronleach at tesco.net
Sun Sep 19 11:12:51 UTC 2010

Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 19/09/10 11:43, Ron Leach wrote:
>> Frank Murphy wrote:
>>
>>> Is geany actually used amongst spin users?
>>>
>> I do use Geany - not for devel, but because it seems to be an easy
>> text editor to use.  But if there's another GUI text editor, with
>> search, I would be ok.
>
> What do you mean by search?
> mousepad has "find"

Frank, thank you.  Yes, of course it has.  For some reason, mousepad
'freezes' on the system I've installed f13 on.  (I'm sure it's
something on our system, I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong in
the software).  So I switched to Geany - which we also use on other
platforms so we are familiar with it.

Sorry, Frank, I'd clean forgotten why we stopped using Mousepad in the
first place - it must have been virtually after release that we hit
the problem and just used Geany instead, quite happily.

Remembering that, I am going to try f14 and see whether the mousepad
problem comes back.  I'll run it from the CD though, I don't want to
overwrite the f13 installation.

regards, Ron