Fedora 14 Beta RC2 (inc. live) available for desktop testing

Ron Leach ronleach at tesco.net
Sun Sep 19 18:14:50 UTC 2010

Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hey, everyone. So, it's time for pre-release testing again!
>
  > http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/14-Beta.RC2/Live/
>
> you will find live images for all of the desktop spins (KDE, XFCE, LXDE,
> Desktop) for RC2 of Fedora 14 Beta.

Using:
> http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/14-Beta.RC2/Live/Fedora-14-Beta-i686-Live-XFCE/Fedora-14-Beta-i686-Live-XFCE.iso

Write error on CD-R (too large).

GnomeBaker log extract here:

> wodim: WARNING: Data may not fit on current disk.
> wodim: Notice: Overburning active. Trying to write more than the official disk capacity.
> Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
> <snip>
> status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
> Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 63 00 00 00
> Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
> Sense Code: 0x63 Qual 0x00 (end of user area encountered on this track) Fru 0x0
> Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
> resid: 63488
> cmd finished after 0.001s timeout 40s
> wodim: A write error occured.
> wodim: Please properly read the error message above.
>
> write track data: error after 736905216 bytes
> Writing  time:  322.700s
> Average write speed  15.8x.
> Min drive buffer fill was 1%
> Total of 30 possible drive buffer underruns predicted.
> Fixating...
> Fixating time:   20.899s
> BURN-Free was 263 times used.
> wodim: fifo had 11799 puts and 11608 gets.
> wodim: fifo was 0 times empty and 11120 times full, min fill was 96%.

Boot failed:

> Couldn't find 'ext3fs.img' in a 'squash file', and couldn't then mount root filesystem.

I guess this would be expected, given that there is concern about the
spin being larger than CD capacity.  I hadn't realised that meant the
images for download and test were themselves also too large for a CD,
but obvious, now.

Sorry that I can't test this image.

regards, Ron