F16 Xfce LiveCD

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:03:04 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, den 02.08.2011, 11:35 -0600 schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
> So, we are getting down to alpha here... I'd like to propose:
>
> - Switch to lxdm.

I'm fine with switching to lxdm temporarily, but we first should figure
out if is really gdm.

> - See if we have space to drop abiword and provide libreoffice. I
>   personally like abiword, but I don't think it will be sorted by alpha
>   and it's unclear how much others like it.

I suggested this in the F15 cycle and the feedback was negative. People
wanted to stick with abiword, see
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/xfce/2011-January/000343.html

I am not saying we should not switch to LibreOffice (in fact I'd support
the idea) but I think we should not have the same discussions again and
again and I am skeptic if we have enough space.

> - Drop/fix whatever is pulling in gnome-python2-bonobo

I thought this was the reason for switching to gdm or are we dealing
with two problems here?

> - Add Martins default config idea from so long ago as default.
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/xfce/2011-June/000533.html

-1. While the default layout can be improved I dislike the layout martin
proposed and have lined out the problems with it in the old thread.

Regards,
Christoph