F16 Alpha RC4 desktop validation: please help out!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 00:49:38 UTC 2011

Hey, folks. So, we've just spun the latest F16 Alpha RC, which you can
get here:

http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/16-Alpha.RC4/Live/

(DVD / boot.iso are a level up). It's desktop validation time! I didn't
notify you all of the earlier TCs / RCs as they were all quite obviously
broken, but we're hoping RC4 will be the one. There's only two desktop
validation tests (per desktop) that are critical to Alpha release, but
it's good to get through some of the others too so we can get ahead of
ourselves on Beta / Final fixes.

So, if you have a bit of spare time, it'd be great if you could grab an
image and help fill out the test results page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_16_Alpha_RC4_Desktop

that'd be a great help. Thanks! LXDE not included on the mail because we
don't have an LXDE image yet, I believe there's an issue preventing
compose; I'll look into that.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey