LightDM as a GDM replacement?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 22 20:06:19 UTC 2011

Am Montag, den 22.08.2011, 20:34 +0200 schrieb Heiko Adams:
> Maybe it has been asked some time ago but did anyone take a look at
> LightDM[1] which sounds like an interesting alternative to gdm?

Yes, it has been asked several times on this list, you might want to
search the archives for the previous discussions. The status is that I
am still working on it, it doesn't work with Fedora's prefdm script but
I am have met with Robert Ancell (LightDM author) at the Desktop Summit
and we are working on it.

Once it is in Fedora we probably move to LightDM for Xfce and perhaps
even for LXDE, too. I am optimistic this will be in F16.

Regards,
Christoph