gtk2 bug breaking XFCE terminal

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:41:35 UTC 2011

Hi XFCE lovers,

I ran into a bug[1] introduced by the latest update to
gtk2-2.24.8-2.fc16.x86_64. This leads to XFCE Terminal ignoring the Alt
key. This is rather severe since it breaks command line editing for all
shells and similar utilities that use readline or similar libraries.

I would file a bug report myself but at the moment I am short of time
and downgrading to gtk2-2.24.7-2.fc16.x86_64 "fixes" the problem
temporarily. So I thought communicating the issue to others affected
might encourage them to file the report before I manage to find the
time.

Thanks a lot.

Footnotes:

[1] <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=649098>