F16xfce incredibly slow

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Wed Dec 28 17:41:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net> wrote:

>        I don't know what that gtk-gnash is. I don't have any moving
> images moving anywhere.

It's the Free, Open Source Software re-implementation of Adobe's flash player.
https://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

I've also seen Gnash chew up CPU on my computers. I usually uninstall
it and just use Adobe's flash player for Linux, but I'm also normally
on 32-bit Linux, where Adobe's Linux plugin is more stable and
better-maintained. I've tried the 64-bit one, but only briefly.
Adobe's support for the 64-bit plugin on Linux has historically been
spotty, particularly with security updates.

If you're interested in improving the Gnash software and helping the
Gnash project, you could try to narrow down precisely what websites
you visited that triggered the bug, and then file a bug.

- Ken