Conky troubles

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 20:19:21 UTC 2011

Hi Kevin,

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 00:58:47 -0800
> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> background yes
>> own_window yes
>> own_window_class Conky
>> own_window_type override
>> own_window_transparent yes
>>
>> But since a few months back this stopped working. I like to have it
>> displayed on all desktops overlayed translucently on the wallpaper, so
>> I tried the options desktop and override. With override I don't get
>> any display at all, with desktop I get a display but it goes away the
>> moment I click on the desktop.
>>

> Are there any errors or other output when you run it from a terminal?

I have tried running conky in debug mode from the terminal, there are no
errors.

> There was a conky update in October... perhaps file a bug on it and see
> if the older version still works?

I just cheked, my old settings[fn:1] still work on my F13 Thinkpad but
fails on my desktop. So the problem is probably local. Both machines are
run in a dual monitor setup. I'll try to get more detailed test tonight
and report back. If everyone thinks its "bug-worthy" I'll file a bug

> kevin

Thanks for your response. :)

Footnotes:
[fn:1] own_window_type set to override. When set to desktop it behaves
as I had described earlier. I think that is why I chose to use override
in the first place.

--
Suvayu