Interested in Helping

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 17 06:42:47 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag, den 16.01.2011, 23:15 -0500 schrieb Brock Hudson:
> Hello, I have been an avid user of both XFCE and Fedora. I was
> wondering if I could possibly enlist to help out in the XFCE SIG? I am
> currently looking to help with XFCE itself as a developer and help with
> Documentation. I also wanted to do my part for my favourite
> distribution as well. Please any information you could give me would be
> great.

Hi Brock,

thanks for your interest in helping us. We can use any helping hand, so
there is a couple of things you can do:

      * You can test updates and provide feedback in bodhi. No special
        group membership required.
      * You can make suggestions for the package selection of the Xfce
        Spin.
      * There hardly is any documentation in Fedora and Kevin and me are
        no documentation guys. If you want to help here, please get in
        touch with John Babich. It would be awesome if we had a proper
        documentation for Xfce 4.8 in Fedora 15.
      * Although we imported Xfce 4.8 into rawhide yesterday, there is
        still a lot of polishing to do. One thing I want to do is change
        xfce4-icon-theme to follow the freedesktop icon naming spec and
        fix all ion names in the code, otherwise users cannot freely
        select their icon theme. This will be a huge task. I hope we can
        get it done in Fedora and then push the changes upstream into
        Xfce 4.8.1.
      * AFAICS you are currently not member of any group but have
        applied to become a tester. If you are interested in package
        maintenance, become a packager, but Kevin and me do get along
        quite well, so there is no urgent need.
      * It would be nice if we could re-introduce the (bi)weekly IRC
        meetings.

Joining the Xfce SIG is easy:
     1. Add yourself to
        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Xfce#Participants
     2. Add the https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:Xfce_SIG_Member
        to your userpage
     3. Communicate with us on this list
     4. If you have ideas how to make Xfce in Fedora better, just let us
        know.

Welcome aboard the Xfce SIG!

Regards,
Christoph