Regarding XFCE wiki page

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 18 18:19:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 01:12:34PM -0500, Brock Hudson wrote:
> Regarding this page http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Xfce, I noticed that
> it gives only two options, installing Xfce via yum and using the spin
> cd. Would it be appropriate to include the DVD, I know by default it
> doesn't include Xfce but adding 1 additional repository before
> installation allows you install more than just KDE and Gnome. Could I
> possibly edit this?

I think that would be a great idea! I'd just be sure to mention that an
internet connection is required, but other than that I think it would be
perfect. Adding more options for users to aquire Xfce is certainly a
great thing.

I've never personally done this method (I always just install with the
Xfce Spin Live image) so I'm not familiar if adding the extra repo will
pull in the additional groups and list them in the pacakge config dialog
in Anaconda. Do you happen to know if that's the case or not? ... just
random curiousity. :)

Happy wiki hacking!

-AdamM