Xfce on the installation DVD (was Re: Regarding XFCE wiki page)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 18 19:34:23 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, den 18.01.2011, 13:12 -0500 schrieb Brock Hudson:
> Would it be appropriate to include the DVD, I know by default it
> doesn't include Xfce but adding 1 additional repository before
> installation allows you install more than just KDE and Gnome.

BTW: This is something we want to change for F15. We just need to come
up with a few suggestions to free space on the DVD in order to convince
release engineering.

Suggestions:
      * eclipse-pde (82,1 MB)
      * scribus and scribus-doc (21,4 MB)
      * gnome-games-help (18,1 MB)
      * evolution-help (16,7 MB)

To me eclipse-pde looks most promising: It's not required for eclipse
and it's plugins but only for developing *new* eclipse-plugins. If we
remove scribus we will have to mess the design-team and for the help
packages with the GNOME desktop folks. ;)

Removing eclipse-pde will free enough space to include both Xfce and
LXDE and more, say Moblin/Megoo or Sugar.

Regards,
Christoph