More space on the Xfce spin

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jan 24 18:51:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:10:56 +0100
Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Yesterday XZ compression hit rawhide and the nightly spins dropped
> from ~694 MB (i686) / 695 MB (x86_64) to 567 / 568 MB.

Yeah, very nice. ;)

> Now the question is: What are we going to do with this space? What
> would you like to see in the F15 Xfce spin?
>
> Some suggestions:
>       * libreoffice, at least writer, calc and impress
>       * gnumeric again (if we don't do libreoffice)
>       * more remmina-plugins: ATM we only have ssh, rdp and vnc, but
>         xdmcp, telepathy and nx are available, too
>       * more development stuff, e.g. meld and more geany-plugins
>       * games, e.g. gnome-games?
>
> More ideas?

parts of libreoffice might make sense... I know many people want to try
them out when trying a distro. How many and what of them could we fit
though?

The nx remmina plugin would be nice (I don't think xdmcp is very
popular these days).

Are there any other themes we might look at shipping? (We would
probibly have to package them up ourselves).

Also, for once it might be nice to have the free space to handle
unexpected stuff showing up right before release. ;)

kevin