Status of Xfce in EPEL

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 3 08:31:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am getting nag mails about broken dependencies in ristretto in EPEL 5:

> package: ristretto-0.0.22-2.el5.i386 from fedora-epel-5-i386
>   unresolved deps:
>      libexo-0.3.so.0
>      libxfce4util.so.4
>      libxfcegui4.so.4
>      libthunar-vfs-1.so.2

It seems Xfce in EL5 has vanished, 'koji latest-by-tag libxfce4util'
doesn't show anything in EL5. Does anybody know what is going on?

While we are speaking of EPEL: Why it Thunar 1.3.0 in EL6? 1.3.x is a
development release targeted for Xfce 4.10. It will not be stable until
next year. We are not having it in F15 either, F15 has the stable 1.2.x
series.

Regards,
Chrisroph