Status of Xfce in EPEL

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Jul 3 13:02:14 UTC 2011

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 10:31:24 +0200
Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting nag mails about broken dependencies in ristretto in EPEL
> 5:
>
> > package: ristretto-0.0.22-2.el5.i386 from fedora-epel-5-i386
> >   unresolved deps:
> >      libexo-0.3.so.0
> >      libxfce4util.so.4
> >      libxfcegui4.so.4
> >      libthunar-vfs-1.so.2
>
> It seems Xfce in EL5 has vanished, 'koji latest-by-tag libxfce4util'
> doesn't show anything in EL5. Does anybody know what is going on?

I never pushed it out. I was waiting for plugins to push an update at
one time. :) They don't show in the tags because koji is trying to
garbage collect them now... So, there was never an update. This likely
was broken since it was pushed.

I guess I will just go and push an update with the base packages and
plugins and other stuff can get pushed later.

> While we are speaking of EPEL: Why it Thunar 1.3.0 in EL6? 1.3.x is a
> development release targeted for Xfce 4.10. It will not be stable
> until next year. We are not having it in F15 either, F15 has the
> stable 1.2.x series.

That would be a question for orion. ;( He worked on the el6 stuff..

kevin