Proposal: Too similar application names

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:10:33 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com>
> wrote:
> > On 06/02/2011 09:54 AM, Vitezslav Humpa wrote:
> >> Hey folks,
> >>

> >  (1) I think showing the executable name for every application is vital.
> >
> >  Whether its directly in menu, popup or alternating pink flashing
> > lights .. :-)
> >

> Sorry but I have to disagree here, cryptic executable names don't
> belong in the UI at all.

On the contrary, I like the idea.  Given the example of 'terminal
emulators', I for one
want to know if its going to be Konsole, or gnome-terminal, or xterm...
I have my favorite (ie. meets _my_ functional requirements), and I'd like to
know which one I'm going to get when I click on something in a menu.

Your comment on 'cryptic' executable names simply argues that
'executable names shouldn't be cryptic'... and I couldn't agree more.