Terminal desktop file name

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 17:25:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 16:59 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:44:39 +0200
> Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
> > What is so bad in having a "Terminal" on each desktop? For things like
> > terminals, file managers, calculators or address books we should IHMO
> > use "OnlyShowIn" and only show them in their native environment.
> >
> Well, sometimes people want to use other desktop's terminal /
> calculator / address book / whatever. But well, your proposal is still
> better than current situation.

I agree: OnlyShowIn is also an improvement on the current situation, but
I think a rename is still a bit better. As others have said, you might
want to use Terminal in GNOME, or gnome-terminal in Xfce. I've used
Terminal in GNOME before, when gnome-terminal was broken (though I wound
up on lxterminal because Terminal leaked memory at the time...)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey