Terminal is missing its dependencies

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 03:34:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 21:15, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 16:15, Todd And Margo Chester
> <toddandmargo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 06/28/2011 06:56 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>>> On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 21:54:50 -0700
>>> Todd And Margo Chester<toddandmargo at gmail.com>  wrote:

> In this case, it would be the wrong bugzilla and needs to be
> bugzilla.redhat.com because the issue is with the EPEL package. I have
> installed a system myself and am unable to replicate the font problem
> yet. What program did you use to show it the first time?

How I tried to replicate:

1) In KVM do a minimal install of Scientific Linux
2) yum groupinstall "X Window System"
3) yum install xorg-x11-xinit* xorg-x11-fonts* xorg-x11-twm xorg-x11-app* xterm
4) startx and see if I get a twm desktop. Check basic fonts
5) yum groupinstall "Xfce"
6) startx and see how fonts look.
7) looked at what packages were pulled in by a 'yum install
nautilus-open-terminal'

exempi
gnome-disk-utility-libs
gvfs
libatasmart
libcdio
mtools
nautilus
nautilus-extensions
sg3_utils-libs
smp_utils
udisks
unique

None of those affect fonts so.. I am not sure how this fixed it for
you.. I am going with "font fairies" at the moment. My earlier
proposition about needing more packages was wrong because doing a yum
groupinstall Xfce would pull them in already.

So at the moment I am not sure what could have changed things... it
did, but like I said fairies are as good an explanation as things at
the moment.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren