Panel layout in Xfce 4.8 (was Re: Goal: Make XFCE rock in Fedora)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 00:57:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 00:00 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 08.03.2011, 13:49 -0500 schrieb Justin St. Marie:
>
> > > More suggestions? Let us hear them!
> >
> > NetworkManager.
>
> nm-applet is not a panel plugin but a trayicon, means if we have a
> systray (and we all agree on that I guess) we have nm-applet.

well, at the moment. It's being re-done to be a GNOME
Shell...thingy...at present, AIUI. I don't know if the fd.o notification
icon version will stick around for non-Shell usage, but it strikes me
that it'd be a good thing to ask dcbw about ahead of time, so CCing
him :)

Dan, what's the plan for non-GNOME desktops? Is nm-applet just gonna
stick around for them?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey