Xfce 4.8 for F14 now ready

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 23:25:00 UTC 2011

Hi Christoph,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have updated my Xfce 4.8 repository at
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/cwickert/xfce-4.8
> and it is fairly complete. Some packages however are now obsolete:

Few issues,

1. I got dependency problems with the user switching plugin.

--> Processing Dependency: libxfce4panel.so.1()(64bit) for package:
xfce4-xfswitch-plugin-0.0.1-1.fc12.x86_64
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: xfce4-xfswitch-plugin-0.0.1-1.fc12.x86_64 (@fedora/$releasever)
           Requires: libxfce4panel.so.1()(64bit)
           Removing: xfce4-panel-4.6.4-1.fc14.x86_64 (@fedora/$releasever)
               libxfce4panel.so.1()(64bit)
           Updated By: xfce4-panel-4.8.2-1.fc14.x86_64 (fedora-xfce-4.8)
               Not found

2. The Action button with both buttons activated show up with both
   buttons aligned vertically even though my panel is horizontal. For
   now I have worked around it by having two action buttons side by
   side.

3. Some of the tray icons seem very crude. My top panel (36 pixels wide)
   used to display very smooth and nice looking icons for the
   xfce4-power-manager and gnome-volume-control-applet. But they are now
   replaced with these "cruder" icons.

4. I used to have one floating panel (with the tray and clock) and a
   fixed panel. Now it seems there is no way to have a floating panel.
   The previously floating panel seem to be blocking the windows from
   going completely fullscreen.

Should I be reporting these as bug reports somewhere? Or are these
present because its still a work-in-progress?

Thanks a lot for your hard work. :)

PS: I'm on a ThinkPad with 2.6.35.11-83.fc14.x86_64

--
Suvayu