Icon problems

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Mon Mar 14 06:10:02 UTC 2011

Hey folks,

I just made the switch from GNOME over to Xfce (gnome-shell didn't go
down so well with my own needs). I'm happy so far, and had used this
desktop environment previously, however I have a problem with missing
icons. In rawhide, I'm not seeing any icons in Thunar at all. It's not
just confined to XFCE4 (e.g. totem icons are busted) but it's mostly
affecting this desktop. I suspect I'm missing a package or need to
regenerate some of the icon cache bits...any advice/recommendations?

Jon.