Fwd: fedora 14 xfce4.8 notification area and workspace switcher

desktopdave desktopdave at gmx.com
Tue Mar 22 17:43:20 UTC 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	fedora 14 xfce4.8 notification area and workspace switcher
Date: 	Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:02:41 +0000
From: 	desktopdave <desktopdave at gmx.com>
To: 	christoph.wickert at googlemail.com

Hi Christoph,

I didn't know where to post bug reports for xfce4.8 so have used your
gmail account.

The main bug I notice is the notification area. Frequently icons will
vibrate/jiggle around and stop another process from starting, until I
right/left click on them. For instance, I start opera browser and the
icons vibrate/wobble around and opera will not start until I left/right
click in the notification area (systray) a few times.

When I booted this morning a new 'boot messages' icon appeared in the
systray and that locked up the desktop, until I logged in with another
shell and did an update.

The workspace switcher tends to fade out at times so only half a box is
visible, if I pass the pointer over it, it re-appears.

Xfce 4.8 is a really nice desktop and appears faster and more responsive
than 4.6 thanks for the repo.

Regards,

David