disable drag menu items

Lucas macachuto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 19:38:14 UTC 2011

On 11/15/2011 11:01 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 15.11.2011, 22:20 +0400 schrieb Lucas:

>>> Hi Lucas,
>>>
>>> unfortunately you can't. Just don't drag. ;)
>>
>> Can you give any explanation WHY, please. Of course, if you know.
>> Is this because of gtk?
>
> It has nothing to do with GTK. It was added as a feature because many
> people wanted it. If you are somebody who does not like it, file a
> feature request to disable it.
>
>> Things getting worse and worse.
>
> What is so hard in not clicking and dragging?

Not at all, but it was a rule for linux to give a maximum customization for a user. If not with GUI,
but at least through config file.
Now it has gone. Someone adds new feature without any thoughts, that may be some one do not want to
have it.
Of course I can manage to just click and do not drag at the same time, but the tendency is frustrating.
At least I can remove tooltips everywhere by adding gtk-enable-tooltips = 0, that .... .... I realy
can't stand of.

Thanks for explanation.